Overwiev and Information
POE is designed for teenagers, ages 13-18, who
have achieved an intermediate level of keyboard
proficiency. Previous organ study is not
required. Special consideration with regards to
age and training may be allowed by the POE
Committee on an individual basis.
The POE Finland is a part of the Organ Summer Academy, which is organized by the University of Arts / Sibelius Academy Helsinki in collaboration with the AGO Finland. The other part of the Organ Summer Academy is designed for professional students (more information: www.sibeliussummeracademy.fi). The students should have the ability to speak either English or Finnish.
- Experience the wide array of organs in
- Take lessons in organ repertoire, improvisation and hymn playing
- Improvise on silent movies and perform in recitals
- Workshops on different topics
- Listen to high-quality concerts
- Visit Martti Porthan's organ building shop. He specializes in historical styles.
- Learn about Finnish organ culture and studying at the Sibelius Academy
POE students will be housed at the comfortable
Päivölän Virkistyskoti in beautiful natural
surroundings. Registration fee includes all meals.
Staff will gladly provide transportation to/from
train, bus, or airport terminals upon request.
The University of the Arts/Sibelius Academy Helsinki; Organ Builder Marti Porthan, Helsinki Organ Summer Festival; Fennica Gehrman Music Publishing Company, Parishes of Helsinki
POE Director Susanne Kujala