1 – 7 August 2019 in Helsinki, Finland
(ALEMPANA INFORMAATIOTA MYÖS SUOMEKSI)
POE is designed for teenagers, ages 13-18, who have achieved an intermediate level of keyboard proficiency. Previous organ study is not required. Special consideration with regards to age and training may be allowed by the POE Committee on an individual basis.
The POE Finland is a part of the Organ Summer Academy, which is organized by the University of Arts / Sibelius Academy Helsinki in collaboration with the AGO Finland. The other part of the Organ Summer Academy is designed for professional students (more information: www.sibeliussummeracademy.fi). The students should have the ability to speak either English or Finnish.
During the Organ Academy students from all over the world are invited to apply for the event, highlighting organ music in its diversity and the high standard organs of Helsinki and Janakkala. The participants get a detailed picture of Finnish organ culture and the possibilities of studying organ and church music at the Sibelius Academy. In addition to individual tuition, also lecturers, seminars and workshops are offered. The participants are also expected to perform in matinées and the final concert of the event.
PLEASE NOTE! WE ACCEPT ONLY BANK TRANSFERS (NO CHECK).
BROCHURE IN ENGLISH:
- Markku Hietaharju (Finnish, English, German)
- Timo Kiiskinen (Finnish, English, Swedish)
- Peter Krasinski (English, French)
- Susanne Kujala (German, Finnish, English)
- Irina Niskala (Russian, Finnish, English)
- Tommi Niskala (Finnish, English, Swedish)
- Olli Porthan (Finnish, English, Swedish
- Tomi Satomaa (Finnish, English, Swedish)
- Balázs Szabó (Hungarian, German, English, French)
*This faculty is subject of change without notice
POE Director Susanne Kujala